Ohio has a unique workers compensation system. While many states have a private workers comp insurance program, Ohio has a state funded system. The BWC has posted a list of injured workers rights on the website. For easy access, we’ve posted the list for you.
As an injured worker in Ohio, you have the right:
- To workers¹ compensation benefits if you sustain a work-related injury or contract an occupational disease;
- To quick access to high-quality health care from any BWC-certified health-care provider you choose;
- To have your approved medical bills paid and not to be billed an additional amount;
- To expect prompt, professional and courteous customer service from all BWC employees;
- To access your records either in person or online;
- To receive timely payments for the allowed conditions in your claim;
- To be considered for all benefits and rehabilitation services for which you may be eligible;
- To a quality independent medical examination when required in your claim;
- To appeal a decision made in your claim to BWC, the MCO or the Industrial Commission;
- To represent yourself or hire a lawyer at your own expense.
If you have questions or feel like your rights have been violated, contact an experienced attorney for review.