Workers’ Compensation Injuries
Cleveland Workers’ Compensation Injury Attorney
Injuries Covered by Ohio Workers’ Compensation
The typical kind of workers’ compensation claim is for an injury that occurs on the job. As the result of an accident or something that happens to you while you were working, you suffer an injury that requires medical treatment. Whether the accident was your fault or someone else’s, you are entitled to benefits.
The law firm of Garson Johnson LLC in Cleveland, Ohio, offers a free consultation for anyone who suffers an on-the-job injury. Whether or not you hire our law firm, one of our attorneys will explain your rights and your options.
Examples of on-the-Job Injuries
Workers’ compensation covers injuries that affect you for a few days or for the rest of your life. Examples of on-the-job injuries covered by workers’ compensation include:
- Sprains and strains
- Serious cuts and abrasions with tendon involvement
- Back and neck injuries such as herniated disks and bulging disks.
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Brain and head injuries such as concussion or closed head injury
- Loss of use of a limb
- Pain disorders such as reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) or complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Psychological illness such as depression or post-traumatic stress syndrome if it results from an injury
- Shoulder injuries such as rotator cuff tear
- Torn medial meniscus or ligaments
- Second- and third-degree burns
- Chemical or smoke inhalation
- Electrical shock
You can also apply for workers’ compensation benefits if you suffer an occupational illness.
Documenting Workers’ Compensation Injuries
This may be the first time you have had to deal with the complex process of applying for workers’ compensation benefits. That inexperience can be costly. One of the most common reasons workers’ compensation claims are denied is because the injuries were not properly documented.
At your free consultation, our lawyers will explain the steps you need to take to document your injuries and protect your rights.
Protect Your Rights: Free Attorney Consultation
If you think you have a workers’ compensation injury claim, contact our Cleveland, Ohio, workers’ compensation lawyers to arrange a free consultation about your rights and options.